Friday, January 8, 2010

Notes from a 2007 Dreamweaver Class

In 2007, my company sent three of us to a Dreamweaver class put on by Compumaster at the airport Ramada. We learned nothing except why you should never take classes from Compumaster. Apparently I did make some notes (and doodles) on various sheets of Ramada note pad stationary which I rediscovered this morning.

------- Sheet 1 -------
9:00 AM
*Ad for Silverlight
*Ad for Tablet PC
Wow! The program has an Interface AND it works "like a program"!

9:30 AM
How to set up preferences - you won't know how you'll want them set until you know how to use the program
It records history > "like a macro"
Bitterness about adapting to change

10:00 AM
Index.htm should be your root page. Good thing the program automatically names it that way then.
Don't make live updates to the server
*An ad for Microsoft servers. Unix is apparently bad.

10:30 AM
"I have a big bladder"
Tools work great if everyone follows standard procedure. Which apparently he's not covering in this class.
Story board your site before you create it.

11:00 AM
*Don't use Dreamweaver - No one will support it in a few years.
*Hey! Compumaster sells books!
Only reason to use Dreamweaver is for database work. "Any free editor is better" I'm so glad we're paying you to teach us about this "useless" program then!

1:00 PM
*Silverlight Ad part 2 -- Apparently Flash Video sucks and will be dead within a year.
*Tablet PC Ad -- Boy do you want one of these.
*While we're at it, SQL Server is awesome.
*Flash is dead. Consumers only want Silverlight.
You kids don't know how lucky you have it.

3:00 PM
*Expressions Web ad -- So much better than Dreamweaver. You should have taken that class.
*Silverlight Suite! You'll love it!

-------Sheet 2------
Drinking game! (I remember we brainstormed this durring the lunch break)
"Son of a glitch"
"I'm under contract"
"S will happen"
"I can not mention names"
"Guess what?"
"I'm a partner with Microsoft." <-- Really?!? NEVER would have guessed. -------Sheet 3------- I'm teaching you DREAMWEAVER and I'm a bitter man. (This is paired with a sketch of a funny/grumpy face)

No comments: