Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


Mom, you would have been exasperated today. I started crying in the Mother's Day service and had to leave halfway through to go sit in the gardens by myself.

And then I got distracted and started taking pictures of birds.

I miss you, Mom. I hope you and Nana and Gigi have found a fourth for bridge who doesn't mind the smoke from your Merits and you're having a fine old time. I hope you're not rolling your eyes over my making a scene in church. It's the same church where 200 people sang "Twist and Shout" for you, and I still feel a little tender on Sundays, remembering us all laughing and crying and twisting and wishing you could have seen it.


Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

RevJen said...

I think this is church at its best -- where twists and shouts bring laughter and tears and all the phases of life come together in community and under the care of the Creator.

Puzzled said...

What a beautiful tribute, Beth.